Table tennis can be excellent game for both mental and physical exercise besides the joy it provides. But having a dedicated ping pong table can cause shortage of space if there is not enough space.
This can drag you from the joy of playing table tennis. In such case the best option is going for table tennis conversion tops that you can use on an existing large sized table like a dinner table or pool table.
I have compiled a list of the 10 best table tennis conversion tops reviews to help you buy the best table tennis conversion tops that is suitable for your need.
How To Make A Ping Pong Table Top For A Pool Table?
- 1 piece of smooth treated plywood, 9 feet by 5 feet by 1/4-inch
- Saw horses
- Belt sander
- Enamel green paint (or color of choice)
- Enamel white paint
- Painters tape
- 14 strips of adhesive black padding, 3 inches long
The Steps Involved..
- Take the belt sander and with your piece of plywood on top of the saw horses, begin lightly sanding one side of the plywood. This is done to make sure that surface is as smooth as possible. Then, grab your green enamel paint–or whatever main color you choose–and begin the process of painting both sides. Paint at least three coats are needed on the top side that you play on and one on the bottom.
- After the paint has dried use painter’s tape to create the playing lines. All lines, three quarters of an inch wide. One solid line goes around the entire edge of the table. One more line goes directly down the middle of the table end to end lengthwise. After it gets dry, paint the second coat.
- Flip the table over and take your adhesive rubber paddings. Apply the sticky side along the table in the area of which it has contact with the pool table. Ensure that these pads are in the proper place and have at least four on each side and three on the ends.
And you’re good to go. But the more likely and convenient option is to buy the best table tennis conversion tops as they can suit your requirements in a hassle free way. So, here are reviews for some of the best table tennis conversion tops available right now.
Top 10 Table Tennis conversion tops Comparison Table
10 Best Table Tennis Conversion Tops Reviews
Harvil table tennis conversion tops
EGO S1 Genesis Fishing Land Net Feature
ForEverlast Inc Fishing Landing Net Feature
SF Fly Soft Rubber Fishing Landing Feature
SAN Like Fishing Landing Feature
Fiblink Folding Aluminium Fishing Landing Feature
Restcloud Bait Net Fishing Landing Feature
KUFA Aluminum Fishing Landing Net Feature
Tong Ji Fishing Landing Net Feature
Goture Fly Fishing Landing Net Feature
Best Table Tennis Conversion Tops Buyers Guide
Theoretically, the undercarriage of a regular model doesn’t affect the bounce, so the quality largely depends on the thickness of the playing surface. So, you may think the best table tennis conversion tops should be just as good as any indoor table. But that’s not always the case as even the best table tennis conversion tops may not match the quality of the top of a ping pong table. So, go for ping pong table conversion tops only if you want to use your large table in a multipurpose way to save some space. Now let’s jump into the factors that help you decide the best table tennis conversion top for you.
The playing surface thickness makes the biggest difference in bounce quality and consistency while choosing the best table tennis conversion tops. Go for a minimum of 16mm thickness for beginners, while more advanced players should go for 19mm or above. However, a conversion top 15mm is a good compromise as it reduces the overall weight of the top.
Weight and Assembly
If you’re going to be moving the top regularly, go for a lighter ping ball table top conversions and a folding design that has two separate boards or folds quarterly.
Playing Surface Size
A regulation ping pong playing surface is 9 foot by 5 foot, so this is the size of most conversion tops. But if you limited space, you can go for mini table tennis conversion tops that may be ideal for kids. Keep in mind while making that decision that you take into account some space for mobility.
The best table tennis conversion tops include foam padding (usually EVA) rather than MDF which is prone to scratches. Besides, it prevents the playing surface from moving too much during a game
Go, Buy The Best Table Tennis Conversion Tops
To conclude, the best table tennis conversion tops are very helpful in converting air hockey tables and pool tables into a standard table tennis table. At the same time, they don’t compromise with the same experience as having a ping pong table.
They are the indeed the perfect choice to save space and cost. All the products we have mentioned in our best table tennis conversion tops reviews are based on surveys and direct user feedback. So, you can’t go wrong with them.
The last thing i want to add is the best table tennis conversion tops are those that meet your requirements that i have mentioned in our buyers guide. So, kindly go through it before making the final decision.